Starting A Fire

Well, what a week. A fine end to the sordid and soiled presidency of Donald Trump. All of his reckless, insulting, and inflammatory rhetoric has finally come home to roost. in one final climax like an exploding diaper full of doots. The image that encapsulates it all best in the man crossing the Capitol floor with a Confederate Flag. Sedition inflamed and egged on by the sitting President of the United States. Vlad Putin had a great day I am sure. The Confederate lover should have been tackled and thrown in the dungeon.  

Watching Republicans scurry like scared rats off the sinking SS Trump is a case of too little, too late. Self-preservation for their political lives is the motive. No higher ideal. Except for the detestable Ted Cruz and that Hawley Himmler wannabe from Missouri. I condemned the Leftist riots this summer. I try to call it as I see it. So, please take your equivocation card and stick it where the sun don't shine. 

Evangelicals in particular have to own this fiasco. I think one can reasonably make a case that in a fallen  world that we often have to choose between the lesser of two  evils. And deciding between Clinton Inc.  and Trump Inc. was the case four years ago.  I abstained and voted Libertarian. As I did this year again, I couldn't stomach either option. Some evangelicals held their nose and voted Trump. Then, either kept their mouths shut about his inappropriate and  awful behavior or endorsed it for four years. I honesty was and am dumbfounded. I warned the brethren that this stance would cost us an enormous amount of credibility. And guess what, it did. That is the part that is shameful.   

I am on record from the start for calling out Trump's mendacious behavior. I have been dismissed and even ridiculed.  What the hell do I know? A college degree in Political Science, both a Master's and Ph.D.  in my field, a demanding job where I deal with complex and difficult decisions daily, a CSPAN watching  junkie all weekend, a reader of hundreds of books. Again. What do I know?  

Oh you watched a video on YouTube or saw something on Fox News? My bad. Good Lord, what have we wrought? It will pay dividends from hell for years.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream