Sarasota Morning Sky



I am an early riser by habit. I can get to sleeping later but it has to be a trend for a couple of weeks before it takes. I wake up early for work at 5:00 AM so even on Saturday and Sunday, I am typically up around then.

I love the early morning though. Waking up before 5:00 is very daunting but once it is 5:00, I am up and at 'em. No snooze button typically although I will sometimes go back to sleep on the weekends if I lay in bed for a bit and have nothing pressing. I am a certified master napper however. I love coming  back from work and hitting the sheets for an hour or two. I often have to heal from the concussive nature of my job and the sooner I sleep it off, the sooner I am ready for the next day. Better than pills from the Psychiatrist I'd say.

I don't need to usually process the day verbally. Just let me sleep and I will  be fine. It is a luxury of being single. I know many parents would crave to be able to do this but it is hard when there are kids needing to be tended to. Not for me.

One of the great things about getting up early is watching the Dawn transform into the Day. And recently when down in Sarasota for my Mom's 80th Birthday Party, I would make some coffee, sit on the balcony, and watch the sun come up, and observe the sky colors and hues change. I never want to be so jaded that I lack an appreciation for the skies. Every day, it is a new portrait.

I am no soul doctor but I do know one thing: A lack of gratitude and taking good things for granted is a deep sickness and places us in danger with God. We will cry and moan about even the most minor of inconveniences while peering over a pile of blessings like Christmas Presents. There are of course hard and troubling things in what we experience. That is a different category. I don't think God expects us to not sorrow.

Yet, I believe that if someone is saved by Grace, all other troubles are truly temporary in light of eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream