Micro-Help



I am a bit late for my blog post. Most of my weekend has been consumed by all things scrapple. Maybe I will write about it at some point. Needless to say, it did my Germanic-American Soul good. My cholesterol numbers? Likely no. 

But, to today's topic. Several weeks ago my massive microwave no longer waved. I was going to chuck the beast and take it to the dump--far too large for my counter space--and purchase a smaller one. I reminded myself just because it was no longer working didn't necessarily mean that it couldn't be fixed. I think it originally cost plus $200 at Costco about 7 years ago.

So, I wrestled it into the back seat of my four door Civic and hauled it up to work. I am on good terms with the maintenance staff, several of them much more handy than moi Ph.D. After disassembling it, one of the guys found that a small part, I think it is called the capacitor, had fried its brains like a 60's Child. It laid its life down, like Christ, so that the microwave could live. It absorbed the electrical crucifixion. 

I love working in a school. So many different skills represented. It is pure BS that those who don't know teach. We have excellent educators at my school.

Rant Alert: Public educators get bashed and it is profoundly inaccurate and unfair. Everyone thinks that since they have gone to a school, that they are an expert. It is crazy-thinking. What other field creates such outside hubris? Professional Sports with Joe Slob reclining in his easy chair busting a receiver for dropping a pass while he can't even get the cheese nachos into his mouth without staining the rug permanently. Maybe? And politicians? Have you looked at the National Debt? Go lock yourself in a room and lecture yourself.     

The part cost $ 6.00 online and more than that to ship. The part came in, it was inserted and the wires sodered (I think that is the word) and voila, it waves again.

It reminded me that all of us have different skill-sets. It is hard sometimes to ask for help if in general one tries to carry on without imposing a burden on others as I do (I am Co-Independent to a fault). I am a big believer that with God's power we should carry our own burdens. We become stronger by doing so. Or weaker, which allows God's power all the more.           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream