Vacation

VACATION!!!

Heading out on Vacation/Family Reunion tomorrow for about a week. Those two things are not necessarily synonyms.

Thus, I am going to be brief.

Bought a kayak and been spending all week getting ready to go. I am not over-packing so I skipped Costco. Keeping it simple: Eggs, Bread, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Meat, Cigars, and Beer. I will leave it to you readers to determine which is the one thing that I must bring. One year several years ago, I bought so much foodstuffs that I am still  working through it all. I am hoping the grape jelly is still good.

Funny how vacations wear us out. Rather than feeling refreshed when we come back, we need a week to recover. The summer is in full swing but I will be back in school the first week of August.

It has been a good time off in July. Did a lot of home repair stuff, caught up with friends, worked out a lot, drank good coffee and beer. Practiced moderation. Didn't go away to some exotic locale. Instead, I stayed local and explored my own backyard.

One thing that travel teaches you is an appreciation for home. Ironic but important.  

Peace and out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream