iReformed



I really like my iPhone 5. I was never an Apple Groupie but when I got in the market for a smart phone, when the iPhone came out, I adopted it and became an instant fan. Intuitive and Intelligent.

I am sure the Android devices are cool, too. I am using Google Classroom at school for my College & Career Class and since my course is all writing, Google Classroom is a fantastic technology tool. So, Google does great work and I am pretty sure will take over the world soon enough.

Outside of the Google Maps app on the iPhone which has literally set this direction-impaired individual free, my next favorite app on the iPhone is the iTunes Podcast. Just as the convergence of Luther and the Printing Press (pic is of the first Bible printed) fueled the Protestant Reformation in Germany outwards, podcasts deliver high caliber preaching to my bedside nightly. Tim Keller, Alistair Begg, and R.C. Sproul are in heavy rotation. I rotate them to keep my mind from uneven wear like tires on the car. Some may argue that going heavily Reformed already ruts me in but it operates as the antidote to a world gone astray, like an Augustinian Anchor is the Seas of Post-Modernism. I don't need compromise, I need counter-balance.

I see my share of madness daily. I hardly wince anymore at tragedy, great and small, because it a consistent part of my Dysfunction Du Jour. A lot of scar tissue in my soul.  

I also include The Westminster Pulpit podcasts which is one of the flagship churches in the PCA denomination as the local entry. Mixed in with all of this is NPR's Fresh Air. And in this corner, NPR. The Worldly Wise. I have sympathies with Liberalism but ultimately have to say "No" to its ideology. Some of the most intolerant people I know fashion themselves to be tolerant. That is, until one disagrees with them and then fascism raises its face. Ironic indeed.

Once a person assumes that there is no merit in contrary perspectives, the echo chamber of Amen Corner is in full force. I have been in these conversations and frankly they weary me. Perhaps it is a crazy dream but I would hope for the day where Reformed Theology and Deep Compassion could kiss because, in fact, we are all astray. Only God is supreme. Mere men are but wisps, a vapor. How being Reformed leads the faithful to become self-righteous, or at least that is the stereotype, is a sad state. When I came to the realization that I am a great sinner, and so is everyone else, I became much more forgiving of others. The ground is level at the Cross.

John 2:24

But Jesus did not trust himself unto them, for that he knew all men 



    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream