Let It Be, Turning 50



I was driving back from an Oktoberfest Party last night listening to The Beatle's One Album CD--all of their # 1 hits. "Let It Be" is later in the tracks. The songs go chronologically historically.

Let It Be was written by Paul McCartney when The Beatles were on the cusp of breaking-up. The jaws of Beatlemania has taken a lot out of the boys. It is hard to be idols and not fragment under the adulation. When people want fame and fortune and fail, there is regret. Odd that when an individual or entity gets Fame and Fortune, there is also regret. Perhaps even worse, because of the hope that was placed on it and then found wanting. Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

If my life was a series of song tracks, my CD is probably about 3/4's through. Turning 50 on Friday, October 11 reminds me that my life on this Earth is spinning down as it plays. I am not sad about it. Time is not in my hands but in God's. Trying to control the uncontrollable makes one inconsolable. I need to live my days well and redeem them as best I can for they are evil. Let It Be just seems to be the right way of looking at it all.    

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be


Paul McCartney's mother's name was Mary and she had passed away when Paul was a lad. The Mary name also obviously invokes Catholicism and the elevation and veneration of Mary to a pedestal that she abhors. Mary as a human being is illustrative of dependence on God and maternal love. Not all the additional spooky dogma voodoo. Further, wisdom is feminine in the Bible.

Letting It Be doesn't mean that I ride out my days like the last part of a roller cycle ride where the drop, bends, loops, and thrills have come to an end. It is staying in the car after reflecting a bit and saying, "Let's do it again!" But, with the wisdom that things don't always go the way I envision and the tracks of Providence are sure. I have come to see that Faith must always be placed in the ends of God and not the means. For having Faith that God could do something fails to account for whether the ends are what He desires.
   







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream