Blender 2012


Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I did buy myself a gift of sorts for Christmas. Buying for oneself certainly diminished the surprise side of the equation but most definitely enhance the welcomeness of the gift.

I suppose that buying a blender as a gift is not exactly toy-like. It is utilitarian. Sort of more like socks. Now, socks in a high-powered blender (350 HP) could be toy-like. Temporarily. Until I fried the motor. Cuisinart is the brand. Usually make good and dependable stuff. I do think that it is wise to not crush ice in this bad boy...the reviews online consistently said that was not a good idea despite the claim on the box to "crush ice." Might as well grind up rocks.  

I have never ever been a vegetable dude. For years, I have been drinking V-8 with green powder (an extract of many veggies and the like) and taking a multi-vitamin and hoping this covered my nutritional bases. When I was a child, broccoli would literally make me gag when trying to eat it until I smothered it with Gulden's hot mustard till all I could taste was mustard. I could have eaten road kill with that much mustard on it. Besides the consistency part.  Now, I put about 12 broccoli florets in the blender with some olive oil, and grind it into a liquid mash and guzzle. I don't gag at the taste any more, it is more the jaw fatigue of all the chewing and perhaps some bad broccoli memories from the past. Pulverizing yesterday. I also made some OJ in the blender the other day. Still easier to just buy that out of the carton. Not worth the work.

As 2012 comes to close, it has been a year of a lot of good and bad. Real high highs, and super low lows. An odd year, usually things are more level and stable. But, I hit the blender on it all, grind it up, and drink it down one last time. God makes all things grind out for our good, despite the gags that come along the way. Just add a little mustard if needed.           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream