Green Fields


Today, I was dropping off some egg cartons at a farmer friend's house. I hate to throw away something that can be used again. Since he has chickens and sells eggs, I figured he could use the cartons. 


In the old days, people recycled and re-used not to be Green but to save green ($). As a kid, I remember hanging wet clothes outside to dry. Today, you do that and you feel avant-garde. Grow your own vegetables in a garden? Revolutionary! It's bizarre! What's next? Actually walk or ride a bike somewhere? It could get out of hand! Ah, we think ourselves so special. 


After I dropped off the egg cartons, my buddy and I chatted a bit. I looked over the road and saw a green field just alive with light. It was simply beautiful. It is so easy to take things for granted. "Oh. A green field. I wonder what is on TV?" Open our eyes. God's good gifts are everywhere.


Luke 12:27, 28.


Consider how the flowers grow. They never work or spin yarn for clothes. But I say that not even Solomon in all his majesty was dressed like one of these flowers. Now if that's the way God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into an oven tomorrow, how much more will he clothe you-you who have little faith?     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream