Addiction: Disguised as an Angel of Light


I am sitting in Church yesterday wondering why the heck did I just drink and am drinking another cup of coffee? I was edgy and wanted to get up and do some push-ups. Or scream. In the middle of the service. I wasn't enjoying the buzz....more like a buzz-saw. Cutting my peace in two like a board. The pastor was preaching about coming into the light, exposing our sins. I felt the spotlight was on me. Well, I am dragging this out into the light...why do I persist even in acting in ways that I don't enjoy. How come one cup of coffee is not enough?  

Addictions promise relief from pain, yet then become the precursor for more pain. The Devil turns the addiction screws deeper into our souls. Turn, turn, turn. The Sin Cycle. He's so good at the Dance. Paul writes that Satan comes disguised as an angel of light. Rebellion  looks like freedom at the start, then the chains come. Sooner or later, the dungeon of darkness is our destiny and all we are are given is a white brush with black paint that drowns out hope. The Angel of Addiction caressing us with his claws. I have my scars...    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream