The Dude Abides II

One of the dangers of blogging is writing about same topic twice with nothing new to offer. Let it be noted that my previous post about the ""Dude Abides" was about the word "Dude." Not that you would recall anyway. I barely did.

This fittingly is about the abide part. The Big Lebowski is a great film and one that my wife and watch every New Years Day. An odd tradition but one that works for us. If I have to explain more about how this all connects, get with it man.

On Tuesday, I was in Chicago. This t-shirt was on sale outside a store on Michigan Ave. That street is the capitalist crust for goods made in China in Chicagoland. Political patronage seems to still be thriving there too. Such a nice place and people with terribly nefarious politicians.

I have no beef with Chicago...it is a great city. As far as I know, Deep Dish is still indigenous to Chicago. Sometimes it seems like all that is going to be left in the U.S. as products are Pizza. Delivery time from Asia doesn't lend itself well to your door of fresh and hot pizza.

So, what are we to do in America? I am a patriot of our country yet my ultimate allegiance is to God. I am all for apple pie, the flag, and Chevy's. But such allegiance is not final. Only the Lord remains after this world winds down, including China.

We abide in Christ.

John 15:4

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream