I Will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You

I was driving home from work feeling, well, somewhat forsaken. No details needed.

On back roads I passed a sign that I see daily. It has been up for at least a couple of years. It is that verse from Hebrews "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

It reminded me that often I take God's promises for granted until I life bruises me up a bit. The thousand times I have passed that sign I said "That's nice." Today, I was like, "That's necessary." Really necessary.

The world fetches and forsakes in the same motion. One moment, it is "Come hither." Soon, it is like "Get lost." I am thankful that a brother or sister put up this sign in their front yard. It was a sign from God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream