Spark Plug Quotes

The other day, I was out a-mowing the estate grounds when suddenly my lawnmower stopped running. My strategies as a mechanically-declined individual were few. I had two before heading to the shop.

Check the gas. Hmmm. Plenty of petrol. Maybe it is the spark plug? I happened to have a spare spark plug in the shed so I replaced it. It might not have been the problem, but my lawn mower eventually started back up so I am asking no questions.

Great quotes are like spark plugs. They provide a jump start to get us inspired. For certain, we need more than quotes to cut grass, but it gets us off to a roaring start. I am convinced that all of the sermons that I have ever heard can be captured in spirit by a single quote. For instance, a pastor at Lancaster Christian Missionary Alliance Church once said that "You can't unring a bell" and that taught me to be careful about what I say and how I say it. We can't reel words back in.

Here are a few quotes that I have around our house.

"The smaller the love, the greater the fear." Martin Luther in his 95 Theses.

"They are willing to be ruled but not ridden." Matthew Henry reflecting on the impetuous and harsh Rehoboam (1 Kings 12)

"These are great days" Winston Churchill during the throes of WW II

"Born for nobodies like us." George Robertson writing about the birth of Christ in ByFaith magazine

Just a smattering a spark plug quotes that have inspired and instructed me over the years. I might write more about each of these quotes in future blogs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream