Saturday Grace

I was searching for something about Saturday and found this music video from the Fall Out Boy band and their song "Saturday." Interesting lyrics:

I'm good to go, And I'm going nowhere fast...though the motions I've been going through have failed...And I'm coasting on potential towards a wall, At a 100 miles an hour....In the wake of Saturday (Saturday) Saturday...When these open doors were open-ended Saturdays...When these open doors were open-ended...And I read about the afterlife...But I never really lived & I read about the afterlife...But I never really lived

There is a decidedly Ecclesiastes-like "All is vanity" vibe to the lyrics. The video and song seems to be the human equivalent of a gerbil on a wheel. Run faster to get to nowhere sooner...not exactly worth the effort. Now, that my studies are finished, I love the open-ended nature of Saturdays. I take care of all of those issues that are like untied shoes...I cook, I clean, I write, I pay bills, I run and lift, and I make beer (had to thrown in some testosterone-laden activities to balance out the early estrogen-vibe).

Grace tends to be seen as the absence of work, yet there is another side of grace that gives us the energy to do work, and to do it well. And, it is ultimately a form of worship if done with faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream