Passage to India and To All the World

So, last night we were at a Christmas party with Lina's co-workers at the company and town Milton built--Hershey, for my vast readership outside of the local area. No Hershey chocolate in sight but they did have some banging catered Indian food from the restaurant Passage to India in Harrisburg. A great time and great party.

The caterer dude couldn't back the van up very well...if it had been a driving test he would have flunked because he was knocking down those thin poles that people with long and twisty driveways have to indicate where the driveway is in case of voluminous snow for the snow plow.

My wife Lina mercifully intervened and operated as a guide for him to back up without more carnage (vanage?) ensuing. Fortunately the food was better than his driving . He did a great job orchestrating the culinary event and the food was quite delicious. I did my share of shoveling indeed. I deliberately grabbed two paper plates and stacked 'em because I knew that I would be piling on mounds of food (see my one handed action photo taken while I was in line).

Food is an area where cultural richness and diversity can be experienced and enjoyed. I am not as wild about other cultures' music (a style preference) and other cultural components, particularly political and religious variables (much more on principle), but culinary-wise, I am as multi-cultural as a white boy can get. I will eat widely and adventurerly (I know, probably not a legit adverb). One of the dishes even had lamb as the meat in the dish last night...Lina no like lamb but I do.

I am certain that the great Wedding Supper of the Lamb (see the menu, Revelation 19) will hardly be like the awful Shady Maple Smorgasbord here in Dutch Country where obese tourists feast on dutchified cuisine and then waddle back up to their bus to go somewhere else to eat after looking at the Amish like some kind of safari. No, if Christians have a narrow palate, they had better get ready to be fed from every tribe and culture in heaven. For, Christianity is for all peoples, not just us Lancastrians who like our chicken pot pie and gross desserts.

The is a universal diversity in the Christian message of redemption that puts even the most political correct person to shame....but there is a strict centrality of salvation through Christ alone. For, it is his feast after all. Might surprise many that the Gospel message of salvation was preached in much of the known world within one generation of Jesus's life, death, and resurrection by the apostles and other believers, particularly by the former doubter himself...Thomas in India and elsewhere. I am sure he wasn't eating his Gefilte Fish and other Jewish food while on the road.

Luke 2:10

But the angel said to them, "Put away all fear; for I am bringing you good news of great joy--joy for all People.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream