A Beautiful Day

Always have liked Beautiful Day from U2. U2, about the only band still making good music from the time of college until now. Relics... guess the relic charge goes both ways.

Yesterday to celebrate my 47th birthday (my tagline..."no mid-life crisis here, my whole life has been a crisis"), Lina I paid a visit to my alma mater Millersville University. It was deserted because the students were on Fall Break. Hey, we never got a Fall Break.

We first went to the George Street Cafe to chill and for me to work on my book. Keeping to my coffee restriction plan, I ordered a ginger soda. It was hard to not get a cup of Joe regular. It just don't seem right to drink a soda in a coffee shop.

Then, we walked down to Jack's and had a couple of Sam Adams Oktoberfest beers. Normally, I am not a huge Sam Adams fan because of excessive hops, but the two beers I had were stellar.

Then, the purpose for our journey.

A stop at the Sugar Bowl for my every three or so month Stromboli lube job. Split it with Lina...perfect amount. Might be bad for the body but it is good for the soul. Finished off the Millersville excursion with a trip to buy some whip cream at John Herr's for the Pumpkin Pie our Russian neighbors brought over on Saturday. Came home and had three pieces...hey it was my birthday.

Loved seeing beauty in the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream