Break from Blog and Facebook

I wanted to let all know who might care that I won't be posting any blog essays until after Thursday, May 13, 2010. That is the day I am slated to Commence from Temple University with a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology. There is still much to be done in writing my Dissertation so this graduation is far from a sure thing and the degree is hardly in the bag and soon-to-be on the wall. There is a chance that I won't get everything finished.

In order to concentrate my writing mojo and momentum, putting bierkergaard on ice seems wisest. I usually don't spend a lot of time and effort writing my essays, yet it is time better directed to the main focus of the last 8 years of going to school. I will also be laying low on Facebook as I am finding it nearly impossible to keep up with everything.

In chatting with my dad yesterday to have him put May 13th on his calendar, he noted that it was Ascension Day. I thought this was pretty cool. I have seen my doctoral work as means to further Christ's work here on earth. God has given me a specific calling to minister in the fields of college planning and preparation and college transition. I see my ascension to Dr. Bierkergaard as a direct result of Christ's living, dying, raising, and ascending.

I am sorry, Darwin didn't inspire me to live on when I was 18 and in the blackest depression imaginable. If this world was all that there is, survival was meaningless. It took Christ's elevation to inspire my evolution. The main message that I wanted to leave you as we head towards Easter, and the 40 days after, commencing on May 13, is that Christ loves sinners. In that love, He lives, and we live.

Comments

Unknown said…
cool....godspeed and blessings with finishing this marathon!

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream