Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

John 14:1

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Last night I was awake in bed. It was around 12:30. My heart hurt. When I get worried about things, my left knee aches and my heart hurts. These are two physical signs of stress. Sometimes, I am not aware that I am worried about things until my knee and heart hurt. They are like the lights on a car's dashboard.

The doctoral study has been on my mind a lot recently. From what I can tell, and from what I have heard from people who have seen what I have done, all signs are pointing to the fact that I have conducted the study excellently thus far. We are all prone to give ourselves higher grades than we deserve. But, when people I trust tell me that they think I have progressed well, then I have to think that I have.

The problem thus far has been engagement from the students and parents from my school district. I see the great need to help our students and parents understand college planning better. I have developed a survey to assess the need. The survey results will allow us to design programs and services in college planning that meet the expressed needs. It seems pretty straightforward to me. But, I cannot and will not try to force people to participate. In the end, my responsibility is to faithfully communicate how this survey will help our families prepare their children for college. I will redouble and retriple my communication efforts. I will provide every opportunity for engagement.

I take heart that worthy endeavors often struggle. The vision and the valley often are together. I trust that God is at work. This study is not just so that I can get my Ph.D. and that my business card can look impressive. Frankly, I don't really care if people call me Dr. after I earn my Ph.D. What is important is that in this generation I did my part to give our students and their parents the means to empower themselves through knowledge to become the people that they are fully capable of becoming.

I believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream