Brats

On Saturday, Oct 31, Halloween, Lina and I decided to host our last-ditch efforts to run an Oktoberfest. We kind of had to slap it together last minute like a Fire Sale.

A day later, it would be Novemberfest--and that is not just Germanic enough for my bones. By November, Germans are back to their taciturn ways for the next ten months...creating the need for the Oktoberfest--a drinking equivalent of the primal scream.

We kept the function to four...Lina, me, my Dad, and Rob...the Best Man at my wedding who is back from mission work in Alaska. It seems that my Pops, in his older age, seeks not to attain Gadfly status amongst my friends. He prefers to keep things small and in the Fam. I get it. Rob is considered Family at this point. He can walk through my front door without knocking. He might get a blast of bear mace though if he does it after dark.

Lina and I made a run down to Central Market in Lancaster city @ Clyde Weaver's and obtained five super-sized German brauts. We are still working through this organic free trade stuff and didn't even bother to ask whether we could get organic or not. Brats would be last in line for the organic option. The brats were hardly healthy eats. I think it possible that food can be bad for you physically but good for your psychically. The counselor will always affirm mental health...may the body forbear. I also endorse therapeutic donut therapy.

Although, Lina plan to visit Danda Farms this Saturday and they have a fine array of meat products. There is zero chance that I am going to become a Vegan in this foray into healthier eating. Hey, I am 6' 8" and 240 pounds...do you think it reasonable to think that I can survive on tofu and sprouts? I might as well eat gravel.

I am looking at organic beer, however.

Well, we had a fine time on Saturday. I cooked the Brats low and slow...4 inches from the fire, the heat setting determined by counting 5 Mississippis, for 25 mintes bbq'ing on the grill after simmering in two beers for about an hour.

Mmmm....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream