West to East

Several months ago our pastor asked my wife and I if we would be interested in doing a mission trip to Germany this summer (to teach English to German youth). There would also been an opportunity to do some sightseeing and the like. Our pastor loves German culture and food and I am of German ancestry and love beer...it would have been a great fit. Lina just loves to travel so she is pretty much game if it gets her out of town. The trip is right now.

Lina and I were at least somewhat interested until our Pastor got back to us that the people who our church's team would be working with in Germany thought that we were too old! The fact that I work with teens seemed to be lost on the decision-makers. Honestly, it didn't really bother me to not go (except the "old" part) because I need the summers to do schedules at work. I stress out when I am away over the summer and the other school counselors are busy with their student's schedules...leaving little room for my work (classes fill up). So, it kind of funnels me into school until the work is done.

Another thing happened that shows God's wisdom. The last several days we helped with work associated with the Han-Schneider humanitarian organization that provides food and clothing to some of the most needy children in the world, especially in North Korea. If we had gone to Germany, we would have missed all of the profoundly moving experiences with the organization's founder Sang Man Han. Click the title to learn more...we have seen God's hand move amazingly in orchestrating the symphony of this work. And, I am only playing just a small role this drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream