New Year's Day

On New Year's Day Lina and I on the way back from Philly stopped by IKEA to buy bookshelves. We were pleased when the four 8 ft boxes fit into my Honda Civic. It was like a magic trick.

With Lina driving, I crawled into the back of the car. My abs constricted and cramped severely causing great pain; I moved my right arm and elbow on top of the boxes to try to a pull myself out of the involuntary fetal position. "CRACK" went the glass in the picture frame (that was on top of the boxes). So, we (me feeling like quite the bad boy) went back into IKEA to buy another frame.

The store rep said that they probably would replace it for free and encouraged us to go to the return counter. Both he and the clerk were somewhat astonished when we said that we were not going to do that--I just needed to throw the cracked frame out and that we'd purchase another.

It felt good for me to confess my guilt. Reminds me of what the Tax Collecter said in Luke (in Jesus's story about who waked away justified); "God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream