My Heart Aches

I am sinning right now...as I type. My heart aches because it is troubled. Because it is troubled, that is why I am sinning. Jesus tells me that my heart should not be troubled; that I should believe in Him. But, I answer, "Lord, I do believe." Maybe, I need to believe more. Or, believe in a different way. I am not sure.

It has been a hard week at work (pulled 3 twelve hour days thus far this week just to not fall behind more) and I don't want to be glib and say something I don't mean like "Tough times don't last but tough people do." Or some other sub-Christian cliche crapola. I'd rather says that it takes "A tough man to make a tender chicken" an old ad line of Frank Perdue--a man who not only sold chicken but looked like a chicken. The last line was just thrown in to make this otherwise ponderful blog entry more entertaining.

I do have to admit that this world causes me to be chicken sometimes. I wonder how all of the brokeness will be redeemed.

I been thinking about the shattered glass of the picture frame and the image of God that is likewise shattered in us. I can try and tape or glue up the glass but it will stay broken and even look much worse due to my botched repair job. I suppose the only way broken glass can be made whole again is by extreme heat. The fiery trials that Peter writes of do the same to our souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream