Shake Me

I have a laser printer on my desk--an HP 1100. Its printer cartridge is pretty expensive. In years past, once the telltale sign of the cartridge running low would appear, a faded stripe of text down the page, I would toss the cartridge and put in another. I have a low tolerance for things not working well. Like pens; the first sign that it doesn't write well, it is in the trash.

A few years ago at work we were running low on cartridges at school with the printer in the office and the computer tech person told me to take out the cartridge and shake it for about a minute and then put it back in the printer. Well, I learned that day that cartridges have a lot more life in them than the first time they start to run low. I never realized that shaking redistributes the remaining ink dust in the printer. I thought that it was like a lightbulb--once it was bad, chuck it.

The cartridge that I have in my home printer started to show that it was running low about a month ago. So, I shook it. And it was good for another two weeks and started to run low. So, I shook it again. Voila, another two weeks of life. Then, on Monday, it started to show signs of not printing well again. So, I shook it once again. This time, I shook it pretty hard and got the ink dust all over my shirt and my shorts. Yeah, there is still plenty in there.

It made me think that a lot of times we don't realize what God has put in us until we get shook up a bit. We have a lot of reserves that remain dormant and God's method to access those resources is to have us shook up.

Comments

Al Jurina said…
Eric,

There is a great website where you can get ink and toner for extremely cheap. I order our toner there for our home printer, as well as those for the school. Check it out. I'm pretty sure your printer will be there:

www.4inkjets.com
Rebecca said…
Eric! I've finally bookmarked your blog and Lina's blog! I LOVE reading them! :)

Rebs

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream