Why Bother?

I had a funny back and forth with my buddy Doug yesterday. No, he is not an usually precocious baby like that kid on the E-Trade commercials, "Nobody Knowssss."

That is his lovely daughter Hannah in the Profile picture. My picture, however, is of me.

We are going to team up and write the next slacker anthem and we have agreed to call it "Why Bother?" It is slated be released in 2018 if then...but it will probably not amount to anything besides a Facebook posting or two. We just don't care enough, have energy enough, purpose enough, to do anything about it.

I did pen a little poem in my head this morning:

"When we say that all religions are the same, it is just another way of saying it doesn't matter that Jesus came."

Imagine if God decided "Why Bother?" to save a rebellious race such as ourselves?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream

Thomas Jefferson & Jesus