A Long Run

Still sweating from my four mile run to Lake Grubb and back. I have a classic love/hate relationship with this route. It is a challenging run, full of big hills, up and down.

Running downhill sometimes seems harder in a than running uphill. Kind of like success...easy to lose our footing when we have some momentum. Pride cometh before the fall type of deal.

When I run uphill, I don't look at the destination. I looks at my feet and take it one step at time. I get discouraged when I see how long the hill is...I don't focus on the problem, I focus on the solution. I move my feet.

What I do appreciate about this run is that by its very nature it is difficult. I don't have to run extra fast to get a work out or go for miles and miles. Four hard miles, at a moderate pace, for 40 minutes. Over and out. Done deal.

It is said that life is a marathon and not a sprint...I think it should be more like a series of hard four mile runs.

Hebrews 12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream

Thomas Jefferson & Jesus