The Me Party

Hoo-boy, I got a stiff blow-back from three people on Facebook about the inanity of Angry Birds. Rest assured, I have learned my lesson to stay away from critiquing peoples' favorite Apps.

Ah, it was all good-natured fun...I didn't put any Emoticons in my push-back to the blow-back. Always risky to to comment without some smiley face.

So, I am going to stay away from busting on things near and dear to the hearts of others.

Delving into much safer territory today, I am going to take on the Tea Party. It is selfish through and through...don't touch my money, my guns, my property, my assets. Whoa dude, all this stuff is not yours. It is God's. It is not the government's, but that does not make it yours by default. That so many Tea-Partiers uses the "I, me, my, ours" words aptly demonstrates that this is just different terms for "Selfish."

Here is the irony of it all. I actually am a Constitutionalist. I believe in limited government, particularly Federal Government. Government should not try to guarantee equality in results for there is no equality in nature...the process of attainment and achievement should be open for all but not the endgame. I am not sure how we do this, but it fits the spirit of the "Pursuit of Happiness."

I am a big believer in voluntary charity to help those less fortunate. That puts an accountability on both the giver and the receiver. For the giver, to make sure that the charity actually empowers those in need short-term to be less in need over the long-term, with an understanding that some will always by in need of long-term assistance. Yet, for most, charity should be a time of help for a future of hope, less dependent, not more. For if charity does not do that, it is more like servitude. For the receiver, to be appreciative of the assistance and not expectant of help, like some petulant child. It is not your right to get a check from anyone if you have not worked for it. If you receive assistance, use it to better yourself so that you can help someone else.

"Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can." John Wesley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream

Thomas Jefferson & Jesus