Sun Zeus


I am a dog lover but from afar. Maybe I could have a Virtual Dog? Just delete taking him out to take a doot and picking it up. And anything else not pleasant...Zeus does like to lick his privates so I kept his tongue away from my face. 

I don't have a dog now but did have a legendarily stupid beagle as a kid. He was one dog enough for a lifetime. He has left me with a deep love for beagles and dogs in general. I will stop my car if I see a beagle being walked along a road. So, yeah I am a beagle wacko. I always feel like I have to explain to the beagle owner that I had a beagle as a kid, yada, yada, yada. It doesn't take a lot of time to call 911, so I have to make my case quick why I pulled over and have a goofy look on my face.

I have friends and family who have dogs so I get in my in-person affection and leave the canines wanting more when I depart. So, I was out visiting family over Thanksgiving and got re-acquainted with the dog-in-residence, Zeus. He's a great dog. Calm, very friendly, and only a semi-beggar when it comes to human food. I don't blame dogs for begging. Maybe they will get lucky. No harm, no foul. As long as it is not aggressive. Look but don't touch.

Over the weekend, I think it was Saturday, I was hanging out in the living room and I was amused that Zeus kept following the stream of sunshine coming through the window as the earth rotated. He seemed so content. I think dogs can teach us a lot about gratitude.

When is the last time we thanked God for sunshine and enjoyed the rays upon our face? 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of J.I. Packer on C.S. Lewis

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

I AM listening